Thursday, June 30, 2016

Halfway

Looking through my drafts and saw this from November, 2012:
It'll be pretty weird to start seeing friends from school getting all grown up, being in formal wear and talk about their jobs. Like, would I even be updating this space then? Did my dreams of being a writer just fly out of the window? Did everyone's dreams just succumbed to practicality when they start being an adult?
I think a lot about how my growing up has been, and I am content.
I'd just like to give a shout out to my younger, fumbling, existential-angst-ridden, skeptical, morbid, introverted, introspective self -- I hope, I know, you are still with me.
May the world never dull my wandering senses; may those lyrics, those quotes I've come to learn by heart stay; may my obsession with certain books, certain tastes, certain colours, certain days, certain music, certain artists, certain moods, certain people, certain loathes, certain loves, never end.

Remember the phase when you hoped to die young? Remember the phase when your heart broke? Remember the time you travelled all over on wheels? Remember the times where grace overwhelmed? Remember what it was like to keep a secret? Remember how you felt, then?

We can do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment