Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Remember the reason for the season

Another christmas has past us, and a new year beckons.

There have been one or two messages in the past weeks that have prompted me to take a closer look at how I view my place in this world and as an alien of it.
Again, I can't quite say I'm aligned with the ideal.
But is the ideal self-imposed or have I always been missing something?

Boxing day today acted as a herald of this sem's results.
Well, I always told people I'm waiting, waiting, waiting. And finally the time has come, and the news of graduating next year is slowly slipping into my consciousness and in plans.
I expected not to do well enough for honours, but I did not expect it to be that soon.
I can't ever get an A for my major, is that shameful? Alas, I really shouldn't care.

Another christmas has past us, and a new year beckons.
Will it be a lesser testimony if I said I'm tired of new years and years and the minutes and seconds and wait, did I say eternity.

You know me, I haven't really changed.

Still waiting, waiting, waiting.

For grace to overwhelm me till I can reason no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment