Tuesday, May 29, 2018

if I were a unicorn

After that special, precious encounter in the Spirit, it feels like my mind has opened up, such that a flood of lights have entered. Although the recent week has seen me blow my top and utter unkind words, in general, I've never felt so consistently light and free. My innately pessimistic self is afraid this carefree-ness is transient and built on something other than the Truth, but this is so different that I'm convinced the Lord has, by His grace, set me free...
However, being in the world continues to be a struggle, members of our bodies waging war against the law of the mind. What I don't want to do, I do; what I want to, I refuse to do. But my mind, my mind, has been touched, and I pray it ever leans toward the light.

These days, I've been documenting little moments on instagram, photos for facebook, and long leisure summary ruminations here. Notes in phone, and lastly the very private in hand on paper, bound. One day, when I am no longer, I wish for all of these---platforms for my expressions of self---to reveal themselves as they are. And may it be plain for all to see that the Lord was and is faithful, until the very end of time.

I actually wanted to talk about music, and how much I enjoy and appreciate it. I wish I could make music. My ear jam is really electronic, alternative, synth-pop, and also indie rock. Spotify is quite a teacher for giving names for the things I like... I realised I've become less interested in the lyrics than in the beat and tune---which is surprising for me to admit.

I shall leave an aural representation of my state of mind, and what I feel like doing when I hear good music:

No comments:

Post a Comment