The bludgeoning amount of chauvinism and misogynistic behaviour that my male friends are showing online (more extrovertly than offline, which to put in short, is pathetic) is starting to petrify me. I had no idea, or rather I'd given them the benefit of immense doubt, that this was how they view the female species: as objects.
This isn't even about "following that trend called feminism" (besides, how DARE you call it a trend), it isn't about gender equality because let's face it, girls and boys, that this is not possible. And it sure isn't about the freaken army - really? (I would never touch on that because and ironically so, I know my place as a woman who's never had to go through 2 years of mandatory military training) It's really about treating another human being as well, a human being. And when you start rationalizing instead of reflecting, maybe, just maybe, if you could remember to step back and think what if it were your sister who got raped, who got some metal pole brutally stuck up her by some person who was egged on by friends because they chant, "rape my girlfriend" and "it's only words" and still defend THAT at this point in time... Here's a slow cla... Slap for you.
I have utterly lost any sort of respect for you as a person.
P.s. Men DO get raped too, they do know, right?
For reference on how peer pressure and herd instinct can make you do stupid things in a crowd of raging testosterone and male ego, watch 'The Accused'.
No comments:
Post a Comment