Recess week's here again.
Been so really busy, I don't remember how the days pass, and how by God's grace, I've been able to juggle work with school (and tuition for awhile).
I'm really blessed to have been in generally good health (that is not falling ill) all this while, considering the severe lack of attention I show to my physical well-being.
Also really blessed this weekend to have spent time doing God's work and being with the family.
I'm beginning to wonder if I work well (more productive) under stress.
For awhile now, I've also seen myself change in the way I interact with this entity we call babies/kids.
Suddenly, maternal instincts should hit me at this phase of my life and I cannot make sense of it...
Not that that's life-changing but it's significant to me because it makes me think if this is part of growing up, part of changing. And let me remind myself just once again, I'm becoming an adult soon.
And because it seems pertinent to talk about work here, I'll just mention it a bit more.
Like how I've grown much more appreciation for service staff.
And how I've lost much respect for a certain group of people.
The work is real humbling anyway.
So while I may be showing contempt for others, it dawned on me whether I'd placed value on the material things myself.
-
It's also revealing to see how much different I sound as the days pass.
The above was written at the start of recess week - days before today/yesterday.
But right now, I'm feeling impossible.
(I'm practising refraining from using bad language)
One of the major things work has stopped me from having is personal time and its lack is really taking its effect on me because I find myself breaking down too many times these 2 months.
Another major thing is the very fact that I'm not doing as much coffee as I'd hope to and that's really disappointing, it's already sapping my enthusiasm for this stint.
Quitting is an option that I'd already brought up to my manager - who's a really nice lady - but it so happens, singapore's really short of service staff, and my managers are also diligently striving for certs, which means I'll be doubling up for them 4 days this recess week.
On to school and home, I'm facing 3 deadlines at the end of the week and much cleaning up to do because the de facto helper (aka me) has been away... this is bloody hell impossible.
Life really gives you lemons all at one time.
I really like the people at work though, and that's very important. When I do leave this place, I'll be thinking of them.
Because most of them do it for a livelihood and they haven't had better options due to their lack of qualifications and they too, bear burdens that are not visible to the world.
And for the record, here's a snapshot of the newest tear on my hands.
2 cuts in 2 weeks, amongst many other peelings of skin and zomg, the dryness. This was merely a scratch but I ended up bleeding a bit pfft.
Well, I bruise so much easily these days, and we wonder why.

No comments:
Post a Comment