Friday, December 2, 2011

Films: Eat Pray Love and Juno


Treated myself to an indulgent meal of kfc whilst watching Eat Pray Love and Juno, consecutively,
all in the comforts of my home on this chilly Friday afternoon.





And I really liked Juno, it was hilarious as shizz.
The dialogue zomg, was sooo funny and witty and sarcastic and full of colloquialisms.
Ellen Page, so awesome in delivering all the lines and how small is she!?
And, Michael Cera, always playing the indie-kid/dork-with-a-heart-of-gold-who-gets-the-girl.
Then again, I can't think of any other actor who'd fit the role(s).
Maybe he's the one who's typecasted the roles!




And THIS.
I mean the bicycle.
Juno (Page) rides this beautiful red piece of metal in the closing scenes of the show
and all I can think of is that it's the most prettiest thing with wheels I've everrrrr seen.
(Well. I've been thinking if I should get a city bike or a mountain bike.
And how much should I invest in it, a decent bike costs a bit these days.
So that's one thing on the to-do list!)




On the other hand, I thought Eat Pray Love was okay as a show.
The novel dealt with her personal issues at a deeper level than in the film but I guess that's what prose is for.
But heck, how good were the parts of her Italy sojourn??






Epicurean lifestyle 101
She just ate good food, drank good wine/coffee, visited good places,
lounged in a classy-chair at an alfresco restaurant, learn a new language, meet new charming friends,
read and practically did no hard work.

If this taught me anything, it's the importance of having savings.


No comments:

Post a Comment