My beloved iPhone crashed today.
It was an abrupt death.
At 6.15 a.m, I awoke to the sounds of my alarm, only to find dotk's (lol its christened that) screen looking pretty warped, with the colours skewing far off tangent.
At first I thought it was just the effects of waking up - like the phosphenes that appear when you close your eyes,
so I opened my eyes wider in the dark and squinted more.
No, they were not.
Crap.
The resolution's messed up, man.
Still feeling pretty calm about it, I switched it off, predicting that'll make it all right. But no.
After switching it back on, dotk went into recovery mode and I prepared for the worst.
What a morning tsk.
Recovering and updating it before rushing out for my first paper on new media like a tech addict tsk. (irony)
Lesson no. 1: Never store exam information on your phone.
(that was the only reason why I needed my phone, to access the system zzz)
I'm guessing the cause for the breakdown is storage.
I have been pushing it to its limits, feeding it with almost 6g of songs and then, there's this app called PPTV which lets you dl free movies (zomg its so awesome but takes SO MUCH memory so delete once you're done w the show; it's also in mandarin so if you're like me, you press buttons by intuition lol) which I guess was the final straw.
My phone was balancing on 0.5 bytes of extra space and it was too much for anyone, I meant any phone, to bear because dotk just snapped in the middle of the night.
She just snapped, without warning.
#melodramatic
Anyhow, my phone's memory has now been largely restored but I have a couple of things missing since they weren't backed up before this and my screen is still wonky.
I am trying to see the screen in a new light - it almost has a 3D quality to it, quite seriously like a hologram. You have to see it. The screen overlays the previous screen onto the new one as I use the phone and it just keeps overlaying, like art, like a ton of bs.
For all the good iPhone gives me, I say the synching is still its greatest killjoy.
I figure I must get it fixed soon, pfft
and my warranty's expired - don't we just know it.
MLIA.
No comments:
Post a Comment