Saturday, November 5, 2011

Ideas are bulletproof


I watched In Time on Guy Fawkes day today and I find it really apt actually!
You have to watch it to understand the full implications of the story and yeah, it was provocative.

Here are some reasons why you should watch In Time:

1. In Time is directed by Andrew Niccol, the same guy who did Gattaca, so yeah.
2. OLIVIA WILDE and zomg, her last scene is the one that brings out the waterworks.
3. Provocative storyline and just like Gattaca, it forecasts a future but is actually reflective of the state of inequalities in society today, or, for all time.
4. Debut of model Sasha Pivovarova! Which isn't quite a reason, but I actually spotted her when she appeared for like 5 seconds in the film? (okay, I actually thought it was Gemma Ward- they are almost twins- can't fault me) So that's a reason.
5. There are no other better English Action Movies showing. 




Well, but after all that, I really am in no position to speak of inequality, because I do feel quite blessed.
Being in Singapore is already pretty swell, relatively speaking.
Also, an opportune date for Occupy Wall Street protesters I would say (but again, I don't live there and Idk).


“We are told to remember the idea, not the man. Because a man can fail. He can be killed and forgotten. But four hundred years later an idea can still change the world. I’ve witnessed firsthand the power of ideas. I’ve seen people kill in the name of them; and die defending them. But you cannot touch an idea, cannot hold it or kiss it. An idea does not bleed, it cannot feel pain, and it does not love. And it is not an idea that I miss, it is a man. A man who made me remember the fifth of November. A man I will never forget.”

No comments:

Post a Comment