Thursday, April 21, 2011

Norwegian Wood






"I once had a girl, or should I say, she once had me."


Watched Norwegian Wood with weewee ystd.
I had to watch this, the trailer is such a puller isn't it + an adaptation from a famed author.
Read the synopsis, was real excited.
(And the song's really an earworm now apart frm adele's)

The film started promisingly, though half the interest was in their clothing in the 70s, the super skinny frames of the boys (gasp) and the japanese lang.
Point to note, for those of us who don't know jap, we relied on the eng subtitles, which I seriously think might be why I didn't feel inspired by the dialogue esp since its Murakami.
And afterall, translations can't ever be accurate in expression, bibles included.
So came the first rated scene and then more still.
It was slow paced throughout without much going on in the intervals between the sex scenes and thats probably when I thought oh no, this is bad.

What the film managed to show though, imo, is how the lead could end up being emotionally attached to both girls at the same time. So 1 plus point there.
However, my interest continued to wane over time and that is sad.
Being misled by the eng trailer (above) and the synopsis, I didn't see no freaken choice he had to make.
So what a scam! Wee2 and I thought after it ended.

But hola! Look what I found:








This totally conveys a different message, and yes the film was more about getting over death, and I believe the novel is too.
English trailers, tsk.
OH and smth about the actors, I quote wee2 immediately after it ended, "they are damn ugly!!"
Or did he say super ugly, anyway you get his point.
HAHAHA.
I thought the second girl's pretty though and we both think she looks thai, not jap lol.
The lead wasn't dashing I guess, but his friends were! (And we see so little of them)

Anyway, at least I watched it, even though it's not good, really.
The ending was so abrupt also and I am so sure I will gain so much more reading the book.
(And return to lambasting the film thereafter haha)
--

Rare opportunity meeting up w weewee on a weekday anw since army's forever using him. ^^
So stoked we were @ ion and spent some time looking at the models at the audi casting party.
Imma go stalk for the name of that model nao weehow HAHA. I get smitten so easily.
ALSO, gotta start mugging intensely already, im such a procrastinator and there are 101 things I want to do other than studying.
#but you need to pull up cap
Or you burn.



"So I lit a fire, isn't it good, Norwegian Wood."

No comments:

Post a Comment