Friday, December 31, 2010
Goodbye 2010.
Alrighty, here comes the proverbial EOY post.
Just back from swimming which was really just that ^look at the mass of dark clouds = no tan :(
Met an ex school mate at the pool and we talked for quite awhile!
The first thing he said, after like the usual "you're from wsss right? and wvps? we were same class!?",
was how he remembered my - and I quote - 'noob' face. -_- He really said that to my face... oh guys....
Anw, it was a surprisingly good conversation.
So we caught up with each other (not really, cause we dont even talk in school in the past)
and Idk how but we got started on talking about church and he shared his testimony with me.
This is just so meaningful, especially on the last day of the year.
Why so, Christmas sermon and th following sunday service were really comforting; its true going to church for me is rejuvenating and a place of solace. Though sometimes we are guilty of entering His House routinely and everything becomes mere "rhetoric and plot". And as the year draws to a close (pet phrase perhaps), I always cant help but feel a tad morose over it, because i always start reflecting and acknowledging that this year would soon be past and not to expect so much from the coming year.
Will be attending watchnight service in a few hours! And a youth event thereafter.
I love watchnight services, its like treat for sentimental people seriously.
People walk up and share their year, influencing all of us to recall the grace we've received as well.
This year- in one word- has been one of transition; (Oh my zeus and is 2010 fast or what! :O)
Moving on from th familiar uniform donning system to working for th system and then out of it into another.
Thankful again for the astonishing turn out of grades. (Really blew my mind and humbling sobz)
Thankful for admission. (has achieved dream!)
Thankful for experiences. (good teaching is really a gift)
Thankful for health. (Mother's got some scares here and there, but all's swell)
Thankful for surviving first sem. (we'll see how to pull cap up next sem)
Thankful for death, His and ours.
Yes, truth be told, I really hope 2012 is correct.
In a perfect and sinless world, it'll be i cannot even...
AND SO I WENT TO MY ARCHIVES. (January)
I SO PHAIL IN ACHIEVING RESOLUTIONS CAN.
(like i was doing QT so consistently from Jan to August, blah I blame school)
BUT STILL, Resolutions then for twenty11:
x Work freaken hard to pull up cap so people wont doubt your intellect
x Save $$$
x Get a licence
x Look forward to second coming or death always (whichever comes first)
And, continuing with Tradition (as if), let me pick 3 this time:
x Have a Garage Sale (er, do not foresee this)
x Be Thankful
x Send Birthday Cards (not a bad idea!)
Goodbye 2010 - yep I'd said you were phenomenal.
Hello hello 2011.
No comments:
Post a Comment