Thursday, February 19, 2009

FOB CONCERT!


10th February, Tuesday.
School celebrated V/friendship day today, but some did it like on friday- which was also syah's bday! Happppyaaae birthday sappy chic lit thing! :D
Thanks subsequently- t weewee, swong, mas, teh for the candies!
yixin for Olivia! [:
kexuan for the rose!
syahidah for her cupcakes!
vivian for her homemade ferrero rochers!
& Jos for her macarons!

This is Olivia Wilde. *Wink

10th was also really loooked forward to because, and only because of;
Fall Out Boy.

Met up first w BGF at plaza t have dinner. Oh I love MOS. :D
I planned th time like way back so as to make sure we wldnt be late y'know.
So we left BP @ ard 6.30 I think and took 190 down to PlazaSing.
Well, upon ALMOST reaching our stop after the longest bus ride, I asked him casually:

"Did you bring the tickets?"
"OHHHHHHH." *covers mouth w hand intently
I continue staring at him.
"Omg, you're for real???"
"Yes." *groaning.


JOKE.

I had honestly thought he was kidding since he did that "OHHHHH" thing before.
Not long after, we both got down frm the bus @ PlazaSing *tsktsk. and rushed to th cabstand @ parkmall.
It was already 7pm.
Seriously, that was th 1st time I head BGF said "I'm dumb." in all seriousness. :D HAHAHAHA.
Boarded a cab immediately that took us to and fro.
From town - CCK, back to SG indoor stadium.
AND IT CAUSED HIM A MAJOR BOMB = Peak hour charges + ultra long dist = est. $60!

We both predicted th total cabfare for that night would EQUATE to 1 of our tickets,
and its the 2nd most expensive ticket, thankyouverymuch. -.-
XZ, YOU NOOB. hahahahahah! :b But I heartpain for your money sial.

Neeway, we reached the stadium abt 10mins late I think.
Scrambled to our seats and watched th 1st act- Hey Monday.


Ahhhh, at least we didnt miss their first act or smth!
But the
not so nice part came after this band left, everyone waited for close to 45mins for fob!
They started playing friggin R&B songs, I so couldn't believe it.
They played this
Akon song i think, and everyone in th stadium began singing along- okay, its really got quite a nice tune though the lyrics are slightly retarded.
"I wanna .... right now now now." LOL.


Then, th banner came out and everyone started screaming.
But we still had like 10mins to go before they actually came out. Drats.
The atmosphere was goood though. Jees, being in a concert itself really perks you up after a v long day in school. They were many teens and tweens and wimps and even a limp one there.
Hah, this mid-age odd couple sitting in front of my row sure must have felt queer.
Oh yes, We were th 3rd row from the front, so much more nearer than
James, and so much more cheaperrrrrrr. But maybe hello, there were ALOT of expatriates at James, and for that, BGF and I were th ones who felt seemingly out of place. Hah.

I went to th washroom and while heading down, I spy super anxious and super frantic ppl rushing outta the cubicles! Like their friends were yelling at them to hurry!
And then I saw this teenage angmoh girl literally burst out of the cubicle, looking all flustered, w a camera in her hands, and NOT washing her hands, she then ran up the flight of stairs back to the main arena! Joke mannnnn. :D
So, i strolled back.

5mins later, they came on stage singing to the tune of,
'Thnks fr th mmrs"
FOBFTW :]

Set List
Thnks Fr Th Mmrs
Thriller
A Little Less Sixteen Candles, A Little More "Touch Me"
Sugar, We're Goin Down
This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race
I Don't Care
Beat It
Headfirst Slide Into Cooperstown On A Bad Bet
Nobody Puts Baby In The corner
The Take over, The Break's Over
I Slept with Someone in FOB and All I Got was this Stupid Song Written About Me
Disloyal Order Of Water Buffaloes
Where Is Your Boy
America's Suitehearts
Encore
Dance, Dance
Saturday





When they sang the chorus of 'I don't care',
the lights were switched off and all we saw were the boys' silhouettes
and their glowing guitars! Cool or what.
That explains the only 3 bright lights in this picture. (:
The crowd looks big but, not really, hah. Compared to James Blunt.

Photobucket




Towards the finale of their concert, Pete started running ard and then he plunged himself into
the fans at the moshpit. Wellwell, I think Singaporeans are weak, Pete was there for, let's say 3secs?, and he went right down and disappeared. LOL.
The security had a hard time pulling him out mannnnnn. HAHAHA.



Joe Trohman continued headbanging even as his fellow bandmate
got sucked into the supermassive black hole.
And up he came,



BestGuyFriend & I!

Here's some random stuff:

My new accessory!
Joanne said, "Eeee, you flasher."

Click to enlarge!

Swong: "I'm seriously bored, very very bored."
Yiji: "My nails look kind of weird today.."
Ah nian: "Stare what stare?!"
Weewee: "HAHAH im v happy because.."
Masdollah: "Interesting sehhhh."
Fangyeee: "Ren. Mas's hand abit heavy."
Ah lian: *too captivated
Yixin: "Omg, I saw rod!"
Teh: "This brand of laptop is quite good arh, next time can buy for my kids!"
Fangzi: *too captivated
Millipede: "My lit paper, oh my lit paper, I love you too much to let go of you."
Extra: "Sian, why did I come Peejay????"


So now we know what they're thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment