Just back from Church Camp ystd and I can't believe its 09.
Missed my first touch training of the year cause I was so tired and V hasn't replied- I hope theyre not crossed.
Im gng to type out my reflections on the past yr and I'm afraid it'll be uber long.
fyi, this is what long WORDY posts look like.
Anyhow, camp was enriching and great in all.
It was in these 4 days where I was completely stress-free and I didn't worry abt assignmts.
Got to put names to the familiar faces of ppl in church and saw many new ones too.
I feel good to have spent th last days of 2008 in the company of the church and worshipping the Lord.
The realities of the world and everything in it never looked smaller.
If I were to say what the highlights of the camp were, besides the messages and all, they pretty much happened on the last night of camp in a small space with 4 walls. Mum and us thought about it and decided we could stay and heh Im pretty glad we did.
Well, reflecting on th year thats past- I got to go through the transitioning from being a secondary shool student to one in a JC. People and issues are more matured, but some situations just don't change. Its like the simple P.sch logic with just a whole lot more of profound emotions being thrown into the whole rut.
I remember this big family get-together where my cousin (who was teaching in PJ and just left) told me the importance of the 1st 3 months. And so she in a way, helped me to appeal directly to the P that 1st morn when PAE started. Past all the madness and I was 'unofficially' then accepted for PAE @ PJ. I don't remb any of the lectures I had there, but my time there was good cause of friends from my OG and a friend- kexuan. We're not as close now I should say, but she's still my drama-mama friend. (:
Also, i remb Hockey. I thought if anything, I wld stay for hockey cause I guess the reception was good and I've got ppl like annabel and faz in there. Guess things got different eh.
Getting back the O results was intimidating but at the same time, I've waited for so long, there was soooo much anticipation. Results was v good and I thank God for it. (But up to this day, I still quietly hope that the grades for eng and geog could have switched with those of sci and humanities heh)
I couldn't actually celebrate w my friends cause most of them didnt do as well, but see, we all got over it. (: You know the feeling of teachers telling you you've done well is just one-of-a-kind. I realllllllly felt good cause I didn't let them down. Hah, believe it or not, I was trying to score aces besides it being for the glory of God, but also for them firstly, as well as for the pride of my mum.. etc.
To me also, the results meant many things at that time. I broke away from WS and its infamy, the stereotypes and such. Theres a side in me which hurray-ed over it but another side which made me strangely patriotic about WS. I couldn't bear hearing p6s' deciding over which sch to choose and criticisizing WS. Yes, I'm schizophrenic like this. Graduating also meant that friends would change and contacts would begin losing touch. This I believe is true.
Then, I remember the EARLY morning when I received 'still-the-1st-message-which-caused-me-tears' of the news of my entry posting back into PeeJay. I thought of Mr.Math and I was like crap. (Now I still feel th same way) It was like a JJ or die!! kinda situation.
At this sort of juncture, there would really be a lot of doubts, questionings and what not. So there I was, staring at the msg. Thinkg back, things would have been TOTALLY different shld I have received the news of me entering JJ or like Mass Comm! (which I secretly think about)
Or maybe even AC or SA! which were my 6th, 7th or 8th choices - heavily banking on the odds of a system malfunction.
JJ, my first choice, offered a NO-MATH combination which I tell you, was my DREAM combination. In this way, my hopes were dashed. Ms.mine once told me I could never run away from math and sadly, she was dead right.
Entered I did into PeeJay that morn and my quest of appealing to JJ began.
I was planted into an OG in Orientation2 in where I was missing most of the time and reallly, I can't remember the grp identity we had or smth like that.
Thankfully, Jiamin (friend of kexuan) was there so I could talk to someone about my decisions of appealing and stuff.
Got to meet Yixin and filzah and danny amongst many others. (omg, my first impression of him was not-good, like a guy from a funnily rhyming-sounding school like Gan Eng Seng who laughs crazily at almost anything?? but hah, gradually his laughter grew on me and JM)
Anyhoos, He abruptly decided to study overseas like into half of the year in PJ so now I miss the v sporadic moments of seeing his face in the canteen and we start laughing kind.
Yx is still stucked with me now in A05 and I'm blessed to have her as a friend and classmate. (:
(okie, at this point i realise this is indeed my livejournal) HAHAHAHAHAH. But most of the emotions are certainly not typed here, duh.
As I did the appeals during d orientation period, making my down JJ and stuff, I remb kexuan & JM were busily debating w me, shooting at me reasons for staying in PeeJay.
I remb also DK who was supporting me in appealing though, so yes, I was in a terrible state of limbo then.
However, I sung a different tune after the interview with the sports head there; with my own hands, I turned down the offer to be there.
Maybe the cons were greater over at JJ eventually but I guess smth held me back too.
Even after they didnt choose me upon reading the appeal letter thingy which was soooo casual, and I believe v much I could have gotten in w the help of some strong backing, its true the Lord works in ways we cannot see.
I have enjoyed my time here in PJ. I've heard many good things about it and afterall the uniform's better than JJ's. HAHAHAH. :D
Seeing Vanessa coming in the doors of the college one day was also a sign that I made the right choice.
She was a Hi-Bye friend of Grace in WS, but currently, I memorize her no. HAHAHAHHA!
So we're v much closer now! Of course, we remember the days when she or anyone still didn't quite understand why the Lord would ultimately place her in PJ and when we were both deciding which CCAs to join.
I would hav wanted Hockey but then again, I didn't join them during the first few weeks and thus I realllllly didn't want them to think that I only joined again cause I couldn't get outta Peejay. Besides, V didn't like the idea of the mentioned CCA too.
We then started requesting to join the rest like tennis, an initiated CCA of Track & Field which was subsequently turned down, and even canoeing, can you believe that!
In the End, it boiled down to Touch Rugby.
Sure, fitting in the first few weeks was hard but the rest is history.
Its a sport that has running, has balls, and most of all teamwork- what was there to mind? (Maybe the dives and all, but that's secondary hahahahha) (:
Wouldn't say much abt TR anyway cause I post about it rather regularly. Its one of the things that brighten up a sour day in school and I reallllllly hope this year, it'll continue to be a form of de-stressing for me. I seriously don't mind the name-calling. wink. (:
School also wouldnt be fun without classmates. It was then I made friends by the names of weewee, zai, nadiah, tehreem, millie, yiji, syahidah.. and deftnly YX.. etc. Oh I remb Syazwani! HAHAHAH, shes like in Norway now, hello?
The lit pack here was P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C, like spellllll it. 3 boys, 5-1 girls.
With Mr.S, i cross my heart, it was scary. (its hard to imagine he's that kind of scary if you ONLY know him as one of the backstage dancers in this year's countdown party, which is.. a lil gay but i like, in all earnesty) He defines Lit in PJ seriously. That kinda sets you thinking about the rest of them right? Uhm, delibrately yes.
Okay, up to this point of my post, I think many reading it would have shut their screens down but whatever, cause I'm continuing for the sake of reflecting as I write.
And I'm only at March mannnnnnzxzxzxz. :D
Adjustments to schedules wasnt tough at all since WS did a stupendous job of making its students stay till the late aftern. The only thing I hated, were the lag periods in my timetable, since majority of my classmates were taking CHINA studies. The freakishly long periods of breaks in between were like excruciating. But i have a strong feeling these kinda breaks would be God-sent this year! HAH! :D
Classes were alright. Math was a crazy teacher-changing subject and i no like now. ha ha.
PW was the killlllller this year, like D&T last year ,but Im pretty sure we'll reap what we sow, excluding the CD part. (:
Econs was commonsense, complicated whereas GP was almost its opposite. I want to write stories now. ): Geography is still a favourite but maybe, just maybe, my interest is dwindling a tiny bit.
The teacher makes a lot of difference y'all know? I like mr.O and ms.M but. Sigh.
Moving on, I reallly like to thank those fore mentioned classmates of mine for the fun we have last year. I wouldn't write as much abt them anyway since I write about them most of the time too.
I remember weewee and I clicked almost instantaneously cause I found out he was.
You remb the Bing gan joke not? Ohmygee, I remember your damned " Kurage, Nagara Boshi.." LOL! :D
I remember zai and nadiah (whose gone over to poly, well) who we thought were like made for each other since they were always beetching about.
I remember esp tehreem and syahidah and millie during lit breaks when we engage and still do in v titillating conversations. I'm looking forward to them. Yes, lit students are interesting like that. HAHAA.
Neeways, Im still getting to know more of the others in A05 like swong, py, fy, mas, fz, junnian, vivian and the rest. Also, I wish only the best for those who's not joining us this year, like hz, syaz, dawn, nadiah, dk, khalis, gc. (omg, GC! i suddenly remembered him) woah, that's alot now i put them all tgt..
Recollecting these whole lot of memories, its so evident that everything happened for a reason and our Lord has already crafted a perfect plan for each of us to follow - V must now agree. (:
Besides academia wise, I've grown in the spirit deftnly. Not only cause of the church camp but also cause I got baptised and joined the YKG in 08. Got to know friends like Arthur and Eunice who constantly are encouragemts to me in the faith and siblings in Christ.
08's been a real eventful year for me. Though I've reallly lost touch w people like darl, (where are you?) sulastri, grace, ms.mine, ms.DR and so on, i've made new friends in Pj and I guess y'all have too. As such, I thank you all for the wonderful memories we've had. (:
And, BGF i remb you! FOB OKAY. (: weehow want or not?
Missed my first touch training of the year cause I was so tired and V hasn't replied- I hope theyre not crossed.
Im gng to type out my reflections on the past yr and I'm afraid it'll be uber long.
fyi, this is what long WORDY posts look like.
Anyhow, camp was enriching and great in all.
It was in these 4 days where I was completely stress-free and I didn't worry abt assignmts.
Got to put names to the familiar faces of ppl in church and saw many new ones too.
I feel good to have spent th last days of 2008 in the company of the church and worshipping the Lord.
The realities of the world and everything in it never looked smaller.
If I were to say what the highlights of the camp were, besides the messages and all, they pretty much happened on the last night of camp in a small space with 4 walls. Mum and us thought about it and decided we could stay and heh Im pretty glad we did.
Well, reflecting on th year thats past- I got to go through the transitioning from being a secondary shool student to one in a JC. People and issues are more matured, but some situations just don't change. Its like the simple P.sch logic with just a whole lot more of profound emotions being thrown into the whole rut.
I remember this big family get-together where my cousin (who was teaching in PJ and just left) told me the importance of the 1st 3 months. And so she in a way, helped me to appeal directly to the P that 1st morn when PAE started. Past all the madness and I was 'unofficially' then accepted for PAE @ PJ. I don't remb any of the lectures I had there, but my time there was good cause of friends from my OG and a friend- kexuan. We're not as close now I should say, but she's still my drama-mama friend. (:
Also, i remb Hockey. I thought if anything, I wld stay for hockey cause I guess the reception was good and I've got ppl like annabel and faz in there. Guess things got different eh.
Getting back the O results was intimidating but at the same time, I've waited for so long, there was soooo much anticipation. Results was v good and I thank God for it. (But up to this day, I still quietly hope that the grades for eng and geog could have switched with those of sci and humanities heh)
I couldn't actually celebrate w my friends cause most of them didnt do as well, but see, we all got over it. (: You know the feeling of teachers telling you you've done well is just one-of-a-kind. I realllllllly felt good cause I didn't let them down. Hah, believe it or not, I was trying to score aces besides it being for the glory of God, but also for them firstly, as well as for the pride of my mum.. etc.
To me also, the results meant many things at that time. I broke away from WS and its infamy, the stereotypes and such. Theres a side in me which hurray-ed over it but another side which made me strangely patriotic about WS. I couldn't bear hearing p6s' deciding over which sch to choose and criticisizing WS. Yes, I'm schizophrenic like this. Graduating also meant that friends would change and contacts would begin losing touch. This I believe is true.
Then, I remember the EARLY morning when I received 'still-the-1st-message-which-caused-me-tears' of the news of my entry posting back into PeeJay. I thought of Mr.Math and I was like crap. (Now I still feel th same way) It was like a JJ or die!! kinda situation.
At this sort of juncture, there would really be a lot of doubts, questionings and what not. So there I was, staring at the msg. Thinkg back, things would have been TOTALLY different shld I have received the news of me entering JJ or like Mass Comm! (which I secretly think about)
Or maybe even AC or SA! which were my 6th, 7th or 8th choices - heavily banking on the odds of a system malfunction.
JJ, my first choice, offered a NO-MATH combination which I tell you, was my DREAM combination. In this way, my hopes were dashed. Ms.mine once told me I could never run away from math and sadly, she was dead right.
Entered I did into PeeJay that morn and my quest of appealing to JJ began.
I was planted into an OG in Orientation2 in where I was missing most of the time and reallly, I can't remember the grp identity we had or smth like that.
Thankfully, Jiamin (friend of kexuan) was there so I could talk to someone about my decisions of appealing and stuff.
Got to meet Yixin and filzah and danny amongst many others. (omg, my first impression of him was not-good, like a guy from a funnily rhyming-sounding school like Gan Eng Seng who laughs crazily at almost anything?? but hah, gradually his laughter grew on me and JM)
Anyhoos, He abruptly decided to study overseas like into half of the year in PJ so now I miss the v sporadic moments of seeing his face in the canteen and we start laughing kind.
Yx is still stucked with me now in A05 and I'm blessed to have her as a friend and classmate. (:
(okie, at this point i realise this is indeed my livejournal) HAHAHAHAHAH. But most of the emotions are certainly not typed here, duh.
As I did the appeals during d orientation period, making my down JJ and stuff, I remb kexuan & JM were busily debating w me, shooting at me reasons for staying in PeeJay.
I remb also DK who was supporting me in appealing though, so yes, I was in a terrible state of limbo then.
However, I sung a different tune after the interview with the sports head there; with my own hands, I turned down the offer to be there.
Maybe the cons were greater over at JJ eventually but I guess smth held me back too.
Even after they didnt choose me upon reading the appeal letter thingy which was soooo casual, and I believe v much I could have gotten in w the help of some strong backing, its true the Lord works in ways we cannot see.
I have enjoyed my time here in PJ. I've heard many good things about it and afterall the uniform's better than JJ's. HAHAHAH. :D
Seeing Vanessa coming in the doors of the college one day was also a sign that I made the right choice.
She was a Hi-Bye friend of Grace in WS, but currently, I memorize her no. HAHAHAHHA!
So we're v much closer now! Of course, we remember the days when she or anyone still didn't quite understand why the Lord would ultimately place her in PJ and when we were both deciding which CCAs to join.
I would hav wanted Hockey but then again, I didn't join them during the first few weeks and thus I realllllly didn't want them to think that I only joined again cause I couldn't get outta Peejay. Besides, V didn't like the idea of the mentioned CCA too.
We then started requesting to join the rest like tennis, an initiated CCA of Track & Field which was subsequently turned down, and even canoeing, can you believe that!
In the End, it boiled down to Touch Rugby.
Sure, fitting in the first few weeks was hard but the rest is history.
Its a sport that has running, has balls, and most of all teamwork- what was there to mind? (Maybe the dives and all, but that's secondary hahahahha) (:
Wouldn't say much abt TR anyway cause I post about it rather regularly. Its one of the things that brighten up a sour day in school and I reallllllly hope this year, it'll continue to be a form of de-stressing for me. I seriously don't mind the name-calling. wink. (:
School also wouldnt be fun without classmates. It was then I made friends by the names of weewee, zai, nadiah, tehreem, millie, yiji, syahidah.. and deftnly YX.. etc. Oh I remb Syazwani! HAHAHAH, shes like in Norway now, hello?
The lit pack here was P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C, like spellllll it. 3 boys, 5-1 girls.
With Mr.S, i cross my heart, it was scary. (its hard to imagine he's that kind of scary if you ONLY know him as one of the backstage dancers in this year's countdown party, which is.. a lil gay but i like, in all earnesty) He defines Lit in PJ seriously. That kinda sets you thinking about the rest of them right? Uhm, delibrately yes.
Okay, up to this point of my post, I think many reading it would have shut their screens down but whatever, cause I'm continuing for the sake of reflecting as I write.
And I'm only at March mannnnnnzxzxzxz. :D
Adjustments to schedules wasnt tough at all since WS did a stupendous job of making its students stay till the late aftern. The only thing I hated, were the lag periods in my timetable, since majority of my classmates were taking CHINA studies. The freakishly long periods of breaks in between were like excruciating. But i have a strong feeling these kinda breaks would be God-sent this year! HAH! :D
Classes were alright. Math was a crazy teacher-changing subject and i no like now. ha ha.
PW was the killlllller this year, like D&T last year ,but Im pretty sure we'll reap what we sow, excluding the CD part. (:
Econs was commonsense, complicated whereas GP was almost its opposite. I want to write stories now. ): Geography is still a favourite but maybe, just maybe, my interest is dwindling a tiny bit.
The teacher makes a lot of difference y'all know? I like mr.O and ms.M but. Sigh.
Moving on, I reallly like to thank those fore mentioned classmates of mine for the fun we have last year. I wouldn't write as much abt them anyway since I write about them most of the time too.
I remember weewee and I clicked almost instantaneously cause I found out he was.
You remb the Bing gan joke not? Ohmygee, I remember your damned " Kurage, Nagara Boshi.." LOL! :D
I remember zai and nadiah (whose gone over to poly, well) who we thought were like made for each other since they were always beetching about.
I remember esp tehreem and syahidah and millie during lit breaks when we engage and still do in v titillating conversations. I'm looking forward to them. Yes, lit students are interesting like that. HAHAA.
Neeways, Im still getting to know more of the others in A05 like swong, py, fy, mas, fz, junnian, vivian and the rest. Also, I wish only the best for those who's not joining us this year, like hz, syaz, dawn, nadiah, dk, khalis, gc. (omg, GC! i suddenly remembered him) woah, that's alot now i put them all tgt..
Recollecting these whole lot of memories, its so evident that everything happened for a reason and our Lord has already crafted a perfect plan for each of us to follow - V must now agree. (:
Besides academia wise, I've grown in the spirit deftnly. Not only cause of the church camp but also cause I got baptised and joined the YKG in 08. Got to know friends like Arthur and Eunice who constantly are encouragemts to me in the faith and siblings in Christ.
08's been a real eventful year for me. Though I've reallly lost touch w people like darl, (where are you?) sulastri, grace, ms.mine, ms.DR and so on, i've made new friends in Pj and I guess y'all have too. As such, I thank you all for the wonderful memories we've had. (:
And, BGF i remb you! FOB OKAY. (: weehow want or not?
Reflecting.. i grow fat right? TELL ME.
I pray that 09 would be.. before I say anything, I know 09 would be v fast and furious cause of the big A's. Hey, O's was like only a yr back?? Time flies mann.
So I pray that 09 would be endurable and that the race I run would be well and would finish as pretty too.
So yes, with that, me ends the really MEGA post. Everyone now, you can start your own reflection post.
I pray that 09 would be.. before I say anything, I know 09 would be v fast and furious cause of the big A's. Hey, O's was like only a yr back?? Time flies mann.
So I pray that 09 would be endurable and that the race I run would be well and would finish as pretty too.
So yes, with that, me ends the really MEGA post. Everyone now, you can start your own reflection post.
This world has nothing for me; Au Revoir.
No comments:
Post a Comment