And now, I’m typing this snugged in duvet with a face mask, after whiling the night watching a movie (Independence Day: Resurgence, which was good for kicks). There are some things on this earth that are pleasurable, gratefully. And indeed, the weather, though suffering from slight bouts of rain, has been what we’ve wanted—hot enough for a good tan on the days we’re at the pool.
Mother says she misses somewhat the festivities and visitation but I don’t. Sure, it’s a shame—and I use that word intentionally—but I don’t understand conflict and I’d much rather escape it... which upon reflection, I haven’t had much experience with. But of those which I have, it’s true—I’m stubborn to a fault and have absolutely refused reconciliation, until after a long time.
Anyway, back to Bali. I love it quite much here, and wonder if I’d be coming back here some time, perhaps alone, or with others, and hopefully learn to scoot. It’s a floaty existence, when your days are filled with swimming and sunning, then eating, and sleeping. It’s a simple life, I imagine, for the Balinese... until gentrification comes along... Anyhow, thank God for watching over us for this trip; tomorrow we leave and then it’s back to the grind. I hope this break has done me well.
No comments:
Post a Comment