These days, I've been continually trying to remind myself that I'm a free person. An individual who is truly free. In the mornings when I have to wake up to commute to work and feel a little drained and down; on the days where arguments break out in the family and I feel yet again trapped in a bell jar; at times where I seem to be rushing from point to point with nary a rest; during periods where my commitments fill up my entire everyday life and I am spent; where I wrestle with bitterness and hate being in the world and feel myself degrading... I imagine my eternity, and praise Him, for suddenly my days and time become endless. And there is virtually nothing in my way. And where I have chosen to fall out, resist, let go, or actually continue, is a freedom not everyone has.
I wouldn't say I'm facing persecution, but certain turns of events make me a little guarded. On one hand, I can't tell if I'm being preachy and sanctimonious, on the other, if I'm trying to be popular. Paul's words are clear directives: "For am I now seeking the approval of man, or of God? Or am I trying to please man? If I were still trying to please man, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Gal 1:10)
So there is my true freedom. Knowing when to back down, when to defend, when to voice out, when to stand firm, and when to love. To know that I have decided to follow Him who rightfully deserves all worship and glory. And that all the above are tiny fires that shall pass away...
So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal. (2 Cor 4:16-18)Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment