My first invite to this sort of event - The Arts House's 10th Anniversary Celeb - courtesy of my job.
Saw and said hi to my uni lecturer there and struck up conversation with her and her pal from PR. Everyone knows everyone, eventually. Meeting her and chatting in this manner makes me feel like such an adult and I don't know if that's a good thing.
The opening act was pretty meaningful - aptly named The Opening "Quotes", I managed to catch lines from The Great Gatsby (of course, that ending line) and two Singaporean works (again, courtesy my work). Made me feel like I was in the know and I saw my future flash before me. Also, free food.
Then, my intern and I caught a performance entitled The Historian's Tour & The Cleaner's Account, which was brief, entertaining, humourous and reflective all at the same time. Wonderful acting.
Then I go and spoil it all by watching The Couple in The Hotel Room, the last act directed by Rizman Putra, which made me wince and choke and wish the whole time that I hadn't stepped in from the start. I left midway anyhow, thankfully. It was the vilest thing and there was nothing gleaned except the fact that depravation is in men and I thought this was what sin looked like to God. Absolutely abominable.
What a terrible way to end.
Brushing that away, I'm just once again reminded of the blessings of getting this job. My lecturer's friend asked why this? "Actually, I didn't even know this type of job exists... It was just a chance opportunity." And it's a dream.

No comments:
Post a Comment