Saturday, November 2, 2013

James Blunt: Moon Landing








(CD shops, like bookstores, are closing by the droves, sigh.)
I'd initially wanted to get the deluxe album but upon seeing the physical copies, the normal album - with the moon for its back - sealed the deal for me.

Loving how many of the songs have favourite allusions, I mean, just look at that title.
The album reminds me of his very first, Back To Bedlam, and brings me back to a time when I was just discovering the sweet pleasures of music in words.
Some lyrics here are equally beautiful - all the feels.

Lastly, the concept of satellites and islands has been a recent preoccupation...what with all these books I'm reading. The idea of solitude, of self, of being disconnected in this very connected ethos, of looking at your life when you wake up and realising that despite all the ties and niceties, we're all mere islands existing on our own terms, without the tourists, without lifelines; we can only stagnate or sink.




/ But in time all the flowers turn to face the sun 

No comments:

Post a Comment