Sunday, February 24, 2013

Two Door Cinema Club, 2013


I suppose I can write something about the last concert I went to since I couldn't before, due to its proximity to my gm's passing.
But then again, the experience wouldn't be as fresh and invigorating as it would have been had I have written it much earlier than now.
Soliloquizing aside, tdcc was really enjoyable!
I lapped up every song and the 1.5 hours or so of playing felt too short.
But I think it must have been tiring for the band - they played almost non-stop except for a break (or two?), and didn't banter much with the audience.
Actually, yknow what, I think they played the entire 'Tourist History' album! And plus some from 'Beacon', of course.
But Alex did explicitly interact with us on a few songs, cuing us to clap or sing along to crowd favourites like Cigarettes In The Theatre, Undercover Martyn and Next Year.
Then again, their songs are so upbeat, it wouldn't really matter if you hadn't even heard of them before this - you'd be equally up on your feet and groovin' to the infectious music.

Apart from that, all the band had to do was let their playing do the talking because I saw everyone just having a good time.
The trio on our left were having their mini party, dancing madly - especially since our seats were at the 'wing' of the hall and there was just that much space to literally move about - and two brazen girls on the lower tier of the opposite wing were completely oblivious to (or consciously ignorant of) their surroundings, flailing their arms going crazy with their hair swiping their faces and totally unconcerned about their falling mini tops. (One of them was wearing technically just a bra, haha)
Well, moi?
I was on my feet and singing along alright, but also just minding myself from leaning too far in front since the barrier was seriously quite low.
Oh and those massive strobbing lights! And the huge white balls! Which the crowd kept hitting towards the stage instead of letting it reach the recesses of the hall tsk.
I also remember xz and I commenting on how "all their songs sound the same" so it was hard for us to accurately guess which particular song they were playing each time.
It was like,
"...What You Know!"
"Is it, sounds like 'Costume Party'..."
"(Chorus comes)...OHHHH, 'I Can Talk'!"

Which may sound like a bad thing in terms of originality, but then no.
I like to think tdcc makes such harmonious good tunes all the time such that each song fits so perfectly into their repertoire, you just didn't realize it's already playing the next track, y'know?
So it's a case of extremely smooth continuity, and very pleasurable continuity at that.




AND, I lurved our seats. There was only 1 row of seats (movable seats too) which means very little people around you and unrestricted view of the whole stage!


Over and over
Many setting suns
I have run
I have waited for the rain to come




Speaking of concerts, YYY was in town recently for Big Night Out but I was disappointed because I don't listen extensively to the other 2 bands so the ticket would be too much a loss.
I hope they play their solo gig here sometime soon - which should be really feasible since they're finally releasing a new album soon!!
Then there's... Fall Out Boy!! which I must say, was a small surprise. Because I didn't expect them to come back together so quickly. (And btw, it's not a reunion cause they never broke up in the first place, yo) I also smell a new The Strokes album (which is insane because I still think Angles is quite new) and another one from She & Him! Génial!

So much good musique, so little memory space on my iPhone :\
I have considered getting an iPod classic though... but like, $350??
AND THEN, I just found out (like just, like now) about the new iPod nano, which totally allows you to read lyrics too?? Oh my word, purchasing factors coming into play right nao.
and there is product (RED)???? Tres beau...

Okthxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment