Friday, July 6, 2012

To my greatest fan of all time,


Hello Mum!
(I know mothers stalk their children's blogs all the time)
(And yep, busted!)

Today's your birthday (nope, I won't say how old - ladies' pact), and I would just like to say a few things for the most special person in my life:

1. Thank you.
I can never seem to say enough of this, because I never will. But thank you Mum, for never throwing in the towel, thank you for the sacrifices - the heartbreaks and headaches, and thank you for staying strong in the faith.
If anything, you have been faithful to Him and this is what I most admire and will seek to aspire, as I myself, continue to be moulded by Christ.

2. Forgive me for pulling a prank on you the other night as Jie & you were taking the mail from the letterbox. I still remember your scream as I came from behind. Sorry for laughing uncontrollably too.

3. No family's perfect and boy do we all have such ugly flaws.
I've often wished that many things would be different and I still do sometimes.
Yes, we could have had it so much worse but it doesn't change the fact that we faced mountains and were stuck at sea.
And yet, by the unlimited grace of God, we have come out shining like stars.
This, I pray, we never forget.
So let us leave our old ways behind and continue to grow more like Christ.
Mother, we all have so much more to learn. From Him and from each other.

4. I love you!
It is actually rather creepy to put it out in words, but I make mental notes of all your unglamorous habits, know all your favourite things, and I can smell you from a mile away.
I love you so much that you're the only person I've made so many cards for, would be a maid for, and would obey curfews for.
I would do anything (except rob a bank - oh wait, maybe...) for you!
#OCDalert

5. HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA! (in cowboy slang)
I wish for you the most joy, love and peace, forever.

So maybe, on the contrary, I might be your greatest fan of all time instead!


No comments:

Post a Comment