Friday, February 10, 2012

Breaking Dawn Part 1 Soundtrack


IS ABSOTWILIGHTINGLUTELY AWESOME.
(as always, and seriously, the music directors are brilliant)



So I pretty much have every song on mixpod now except for "It Will Rain" by Bruno Mars, "Sister Rosetta" by Noisettes, "Lloverra" by Mia Maestro and "Love Death Birth" by Carter Burwell, who btw is this movie's composer.

There is quite a range of genres in this OST:
Hip-Hop/Rap in "Neighbours" by Theophilus London, which has a soothing, chorale-sounding chorus and actually doesn't sound hip-hoppish (?), to my delight.
There's pop-rock/indie-rock in "Endtapes" by The Joy Formidables, "I Didn't Mean It" by The Belle Brigade, and "From Now On" by The Features, all of which I took an instant liking to. (Addictive beats)
And still, a little bit of Owl City-kind-of-synthpop in "Northern Lights" by Cider Sky.

Apart from those, the album has more of those slower-paced, folk rock, acoustics-style numbers (2,4,11,12,13,14) which are all powerful lyrically and musically and my favourites.
All of them are so good! Tis a great place to find new artistes!

I really cannot fault any song, except maybe Bruno Mars' "It Will Rain".
Why does he sound so husky here?
I know that's his sound but it becomes so obvious, it's the only thing I hear.
(And because I've said it, you'll notice it too hahah)

So, the album's on repeat and you know it's good when you can't choose a favourite.


No comments:

Post a Comment