This character - Kizuna - is Japan's Kanji of The Year for 2011.
Voted in by the nation, the selected character best represents the events of that particular year.
This year, they chose Kizuna, which means bonds (between people).
(And I have the belief that everything in life and elsewhere is just about relationships, relationships, relationships.)
Go through the list of 'Kanji(s) of the year' and you'll find that each year's character is surprisingly
specific to and meaningful for that particular year.
It's amazing that one single character can aptly summarize the events. Beautiful.
specific to and meaningful for that particular year.
It's amazing that one single character can aptly summarize the events. Beautiful.
Today's speaker in church mentioned just about a sentence on the impending end of 2011,
but that made me realise the closeness of it.
It's weird to see it as a brand new beginning (compared to pre-U) come January because my second year of school has already effectively started and I am commencing the second half instead of an entirely new year.
I'm psychologically hovering between two ends though in reality, 2012 is indeed a whole new calendar year.
but that made me realise the closeness of it.
It's weird to see it as a brand new beginning (compared to pre-U) come January because my second year of school has already effectively started and I am commencing the second half instead of an entirely new year.
I'm psychologically hovering between two ends though in reality, 2012 is indeed a whole new calendar year.
So I do find the idea of summarizing my 2011 a bit hazy and unjustified.
Also, when I go all the way back to the early months of this present year,
I find them terribly distant; it's like I did reflecting during my long holidays and then threw all the
memories out of the window and started brand new with the equally new school term in August.
I find them terribly distant; it's like I did reflecting during my long holidays and then threw all the
memories out of the window and started brand new with the equally new school term in August.
With just a few weeks left of 2011, I guess it's that time of the year again.
Even the chilly weather these days (especially tonight) hint at nostalgia as well.
It's the time for reflecting. And thanksgiving. And learning. And making peace.
Even the chilly weather these days (especially tonight) hint at nostalgia as well.
It's the time for reflecting. And thanksgiving. And learning. And making peace.
My own word for 2011?
Lord-willing, I'll get back to you on the 31st.
Lord-willing, I'll get back to you on the 31st.

No comments:
Post a Comment