Friday, October 28, 2011

Foster The People - Torches



There's a new favourite on the playlist! - and it's the really addictive sound of Foster The People.

Played Torches through the first round and was already tapping my feet to the beats.
I would say if you like Two Door Cinema Club and The Drums, you'll want this (I really like em!).
They have the vocals of MGMT but wider ranging, so a trip down the album makes you think you're listening to separate leads. They are however, much more electronic and veering towards indie pop, I feel.
And speaking of vocals, I can't match it to the lead singer's face - he looks like he'd a rougher voice, like a member from the likes of Augustana or Keane... Also, the guys on a whole actually looks like a rock band. Not that that's important, but.
Anyhow, the album is freaken infectious; here's the playlist:

1. Helena Beat
2. Pumped Up Kicks
3. Call It What You Want
4. Don't Stop (Color on the Walls)
5. Waste
6. I Would Do Anything For You
7. Houdini
8. Life On The Nickel
9. Miss You
10. Warrant
- Extras -
11. Broken Jaw
12. Love
13. Chin Music For The Unsuspecting

I especially like Helena Beat, Pumped Up Kicks (everyone loves Pumped Up Kicks); Don't Stop; Waste; I Would Do Anything For You; Life On The Nickel; Chin Music For The Unsuspecting.
Actually, I really like the whole album, but if you wanna sample them, these songs would get you falling hook line and sinker.






And those are the dudes behind the awesome ^ plus they look pretty fancy too.
Have a deluge of new songs recently and am quite excited to talk about Gotye (A song on mixpod!) and Patrick Stump (yes fob's lead!) too, but we'll see.
So far, FTP is stealing all my attention.




"All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, outrun my gun
All the other kids with the pumped up kicks
You'd better run, better run, faster than my bullet"


No comments:

Post a Comment