Friday, July 15, 2011

The Visual Memory Post






1. Your current Facebook Picture




Which is fairly obvious.



2. A picture of yourself a year ago




This was when we sent V off to Sydney, hah I thought I would think "Time flies" but not really, somehow.
And I checked the date, it was exactly the 16th of July!



3. A picture that makes you smile


This made me go back a lot and I found several pictures which not only made me smile,
but made me sad a little. A hopeful kind of sad.


This was my seating position, alongside two of my best friends during secondary 4.
We even bore a nickname combining all our surnames lol, Lim Shabarudin .K
I absolutely loved the last year, now that I think back.
Because we had more freedom and were always prioritised.
Teachers show us more attention and morale was high.
We worked hard together as a class and everyone was simply motivating each other towards the O's.
It was this year that I find myself climbing up academically and achieving some.
Also, simple pleasures like buying breakfast into the classroom and placing it at the back
because it was our turf lol.
Those were good times.




^ In early 2008 JC1, when syaz was still around; we went to watch Nadiah perform at RP
and Shahidah was the writer for the play.
This made me smile because we just entered jc and hadn't started feeling the pressure of school.
It was a blasting night.





In the geog room and still 2008 because that was how weewee looked ^^





This was 2008 JC1, somewhere either before the mid years or the finals.
It was when we started feeling the pressure and met up presumably in the name of studying.
The unlikeliest group picture I know haha but for better or for worse, we know things change.




This was after one of our late games in 2008.
One of my major commitments in pj was touch rugby.
The trainings in school on weekdays that last till night and sometimes, like these ^
when we go for friendlies.
This was @ Frolick in Serangoon, after we had dinner together from Chomp Chomp.
However tiring it was, the game and the company formed
a bulk of the best experiences I would ever have studying in a jc.



Candid shot Early 2009 at the garden plaza in BPP after school.
Nadiah left us for poly but we all gathered for a surprise belated birthday celebration for yixin.




Outside the IRAS building @ Novena, in the middle of 2009.
The SLA competition was a highlight of that year I guess.
Thinking back, most of us go through 2 years without ever wearing the school's coat.
Am very privileged indeed.
Hours of collating information and working with the ArcGIS software also proved worthwhile.
We were champions.



4. A picture of you when you were little




P1 or 2, when we joined Hebron after moving from Bukit Batok.
This was when I was so dorky and nerdy and unaware that I was dorky and nerdy.
#blissfully ignorant

And...




P6, when I was still dorky and hated tying my hair.
OH and my hair started curling.



5. A picture with someone you love




She even wears my stuff.



6. A picture of you with friends





When we squeezed into the photobooth @ plaza sing around mid 2010.
These 3 girls are the fastest friends I've ever made.
We never really spoke during our 2 years in school, but were inseparable during RT times.
It's like the only reason why we went back to teach was to meet each other.



7. A picture of you with family





The only ones who will embrace you; all your idiosyncrasies and shortcomings.



8. A picture that your hair looks nice in


ZOMG ALL OF YOU READING THIS RIGHT NOW HAVE FIRST HAND
ACCESS TO THIS VERY PERSONAL PICTURE:

ROFLMAOL IKR.



(Okay, a little restrain please)
Last year, while trying out Jie's Macbook, it suddenly showed this on screen hahahahah
and so we continued entertaining ourselves.
Also, I wanted to see how I look like bald.
We laughed so, so hard.



9. A picture of you with pets




QTπ



10. A picture of you hugging someone





I tried finding!




11. A picture of you and your best friend


And I am blessed to have 2 in fact:





12. A picture of you today




For good measure and very current, taken this afternoon.




13. A picture of something you miss




When I read this and thought about it, the first thing I really missed were the times
I spent chilling in the canteen and cafe in pj, basically college days.
This was taken on the farewell day for jc2s in 2009.
Many people brought cameras, gifts and stuff that day.
Everyone felt pensive.
I remember the rest of them continued studying/doing work in the canteen during the break
(at this point in time, all of us started working really diligently already),
But weewee and I sat at one table on our own and just talked about jc
and its 2 years and everything else in it.








I also miss the grandstand.
The sight and smell of it, before and after training.
Booting up and cleaning up, keeping the balls and cones and walking out in slippers.




Finally, I also miss happy times during RT days,






When we didn't yet know our results but just really had fun after working so hard for As.
We had finished formal education for good, had no place to go and we were free.
Short lived though they were but just beautiful.



I should do this every year man,
if I have the years.
You all should do too, gogogo!

No comments:

Post a Comment