Friday, December 10, 2010

My life isn't that interesting




So I see its already mid december.

First thing, haven't felt motivated to join any other sport after discontinuing trugby- which is rather sad, but necessary.
By th last training I had with them, i couldnt see myself performing and having had 2 years of experience,
I just knew it was time to go. It is sad because it feels like I gave up.

It is sad also because I thought I could undo the practices which I'd become so used to, Argh.
But regrets aside, I am quite certain I made the right choice because if I were to invest my efforts into a sport,
I would want to do well enough to compete for it. I don't think I gave up on myself.

So with the absence of the regularity of Holiday trainings which I have been accustomed to 6 years of my life, (Primary school was just fuzzy) I find myself wasting away in sloth the past 2 weeks.
I am still dying for an adventure and wishing for the days to not pass as quickly.

Other than the 3 or 4 days where i left my sloth-inducing abode for meetups and swimming (whoohoo!),
I have spent more time trying to kill samurais in sleek Matrix fashion on my phone.
I have conquered the Apprentice level and am simultaneously attacking the Samurai and Ronin levels now
(Me so hardcore right) Its freaken addicitve. Or vengeful, really.
I think its the slow-mo effect that pumps more adrenaline into my already furiously-button-hitting fingers.
Like, 'Aha, take that! (my blade slices body vertically into 2), and you too!' (avatar slides so beautifully across the screen and thrusts blade horizontally midwaist at oncoming enemy, 2 halves fall with convincing sound effect)
Piao liang.

And especially since I've 'advanced', naturally I have 'better' sword wielding skills yo, y'know what i mean dawg?
So when a skunk of a samurai opponent seems to magically escape the swish of my blade when I so,
so CLEARLY swung at it is just presposterous!! Mindblowingggg impossible!

"DIE DIE WHY DONT YOU JUST DIE *expletives"
(Then my beloved avatar gets jabbed from behind by the LOWEST level dumb shifu looking samurai)
'Try harder- tap for continue'
"WHATTHSHYYYYYYT this is a lie! Why that son of a gun shitkxndnxndox *bawls and more expletives"
(Reactively presses 'Continue')
...

Okay, you see what i mean?
This is a vindictive vicious little game i tell you.

Please understand that i do expend my energy on other productive matters as well, like reading.
Recently found the GP compilation of topical research given by pj and have read half of it. Its how learning should be isnt it? Its when you arent forced to read something that you find an interest to do so.

By the way, I declared philo as my major. Its not permanent though, i can still change next sem i think...
KTHXBAI.
(that was meant as a dropbomb ha ha)

P.s, the samurai game is Samurai Dojo heh ^^v

No comments:

Post a Comment