Thursday, December 23, 2010

Fight Club



Fight Club baby.

Never a dull moment reading because most of the time, you're getting mindbogged.
(even if you know the storyline-which I did) This was a heavy book with unconventional perspectives.
Underneath all the seemingly senseless bashing (felt myself tonguing my inside cheek whenever protagonists' hole in cheek is mentioned) and inane acts of valour, the ideal that is being pushed for is quite taken in.
Which is profound because it is not hard to believe we are capable of doing likewise...




The ending is ambiguous though. I figured he finally won himself over.
Yes, his hallucination of heaven, yes his friend's wait for Tyler's return, yes so many definitely maybe's.
I'll still leave it at that though- he got the better of himself.
All in all, Fight Club's really an ego soothing/boosting MEN's book I guess. (no it is, pahlaniuk said so- the Men part) Short impactful chapters that convey the themes even as the story is so twisted.
It's quite an original; pretty much explains its cult status and why its deserving of it.


Quotes:









No comments:

Post a Comment