Monday, November 16, 2009

Aftermath of paper 5.

GEOG P1
MATH
GP
LIT P5



3 hrs of stress.
Time management - left 30mins for 1 section (King Lear) :|
(Similar to GP paper, please please I will continue my official mourning after 20th)
Wellllll, as I was revising for tday's paper ystd,
I couldn't help but think whether it was a real journey in itself.
Why, how do I say this without sounding like an "uppity superskank".
Plath's Ariel poems spoke to me like never before.
I MUST GET HER NOVEL, MUST.
What I gleaned from her poems were perspectives I'd never gotten before this year.
She's genius, truly.
There is so much, so very much in her poems which I could relate to...
Her immaculate use of the language is just sheer sublimity...
I've never read simple truths weaved into something as complex & profound. (besides you-know-who)
I don't even know how to express the epiphany I had while reading her poems ystd.
I think I was enlightened!

It is such a pity, really, and I write with so much anguish now,
that I couldn't convey all the details, and not write of her work as it deserved through out this year.
Simply because of my ignorance, simply because I thought lit was ironically this academic subj,
and I don't see how anyone could really see art for what its worth in such an ethos.
Shakespeare as well.
I don't exactly fancy King Lear cause I felt it rather dry, but oh my did a lot of things
change when I started to care enough to peruse the text.
Othello too - there is just so much writers like them have to offer.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I really could go on, but look at the time.
Austen's Pride & Prejudice + Othello tmr, I say bring it on.
Albeit it might be a little too late,
I am looking at things from a different angle now.
And even if it means having to write something unfavourable of that elusive A,
and thereafter lay back wondering why on earth did I do that, I'll do it.

Plath would've loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment